[TOEC] [CCF] SAC CW - Low Power and QRP results Europe(compared to HP Unassisted)

Mats Strandberg sm6lrr at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 22:42:24 PDT 2011

Kim,

I forgot a few things in my previous email.

Quick delivery of Final Results is excellent, but this new policy also adds
one minor disadvantage, namely much less time for detailed analysis of
certain logs to determine whether they complied with the entry chosen by
the competitor.

For an organizer to dare to move or DQ a station based on violations of
power usage of assistance, a lot of time-consuming analysis needs to be
done. This year, such deep analysis could not have been performed with the
huge amount of logs and with the desire to publish quickly.

One can perhaps say that the advantage of quicker Final Results somewhat
reduces the quality of the log-checking and analysis. For good or bad, who
am I to determine? Quick Final Results are for sure good, but there is also
an important component related to judging and not only compiling results.

Also, it would have been appropriate to officially announce the station(s)
(and for what reasons) who were moved from one category to another. This to
comply with the publishing of many participants for the 3500-3510 violation
that still did not end up in any penalties. To be moved from a category is
according to my understanding a "bigger crime" than violation of the
3500-3510 segment, although both violations for sure must be taken
seriously.

73 de RA/SM6LRR, Mats

011/11/6 Mats Strandberg <sm6lrr at gmail.com>