[TOEC] Northern OH is ready for SAC!

ilkka korpela ilkka.korpela at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 00:50:52 PDT 2011

Hi
  Of course the picture has meany meanings, you can look at the
national symbols
  on the two Hams plus the tone of color in the trophies etc. With
Olli (OH2BBM/8) we hoped
  that this would help getting the SAC spirits up all over the place.
And we thank
  Juha OH8CW for the photography.

  Jari OH6BG had the specs right for the three little items - yes they
are pacifiers, and the
  small text underneath says - "den glider in". I think the T-shirts
are only available in
  Finland, and they sold well until the unfortunate 5-0-event this
summer :) I bought mine
  in one of the countless-and-always-a-surprise ABC highway stores
last summer. They
  might still have them?

ilkka

Top News of the Day: 1700Z, 15 September, 2011 - A filament eruption
from very early on the 14th resulted in a partially Earth-directed
coronal mass ejection (CME). This CME was relatively slow-moving, but
it's passage is likely to be noticed early evening to late day on the
16th, Eastern Time (end-of-day on the 16th or early on the 17th, GMT).
Significant geomagnetic storming is not expected but periods reaching
the G1 (Minor) level are possible