[TOEC] [CCF] SAC CW 2012 RESULTS PUBLISHED

Mikael Rytky vfr_micke at msn.com
Sun Nov 11 06:05:55 EST 2012

My point is that looking at the dial does-not-help on the accuracy level that is called for here. The dial WILL show 3510.000 but the TX-frequency may be off by this amount anyway. The dial just shows what you command the radio to do, not what it really does after 10 years of use.

How can we ever track down a 200 Hz fault if the operator only can report in 1 kHz resolution?

One more suggestion to the operator:

-Find out which RBNs are going to be used. Test your frequency accuracy against them before the contest to get a feeling of how much off you are.

Best regards,
Mikael SM6VJA