[TOEC] ARRLDX CW SJ2W(SM2WMV) SO Unlimited HP

Mikael Larsmark mike at sm3wmv.com
Sun Feb 17 19:09:07 EST 2013

Lekte lite remote i helgens ARRL, riktigt skoj!

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: SJ2W
Operator(s): SM2WMV
Station: SJ2W

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: Da Traesk
Operating Time (hrs): 18.5

  160:    1     1
   80:   25    19
   40:  276    49
   20:  594    55
   15:  551    56
   10:  281    46
-------------------
Total: 1728   226  Total Score = 1,171,584

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

This was fun, I took part of the contest working remotely from my work QTH. It
worked great with the remoterig system (http://www.remoterig.com), I could not
notice any delay and pretty much was just as being at the station. I worked
18.5 hours in the contest and propagations were very interesting. At some
points they were awful but they also generated great opening on 10m via aurora,
which would not be possible otherwise with SFI just over 100. I wish I did work
the first night though, that would have given me probably 40 more mults since
160/80m was great, which was not the case the 2nd night and Sunday evening.

Kind of wish I did work this one seriously at location, but there is always
next year.

Here is a video I made a few days ago of the remote control @work QTH,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkuIYlAna7o

160m: 39m vert
 80m: 4-SQ
 40m: 3/3el
 20m: 6/6/6el
 15m: 6/6el
 10m: 6el @46m

Rig: TS480S + remoterig + N1MM
Amp: ACOM 2000A (Sponsored by Ojojoj Music AB)

Check the website, http://www.sj2w.se/contest/