[TOEC] Marketing of SAC 2013

Kim Östman kim.ostman at abo.fi
Fri Sep 13 06:48:51 EDT 2013

Hej Mats,

Thanks for your e-mail.

This year much of the non-Scandinavian marketing effort was purposefully
left for the last two weeks before the CW contest. This is because
non-Scandinavians simply tend to forget a regional contest such as ours if
the invitation comes too early. The interim time has been spent on putting
together a database of advertising venues, individuals, various contest club
(EU/SA/NA/AS/OC) e-mail reflectors and suitable contact persons who can
handle the advertising on those lists.

The brief advert/promo was written over a month ago. As planned, a
personalized mail including the promo was sent out yesterday to most of the
chosen contacts for further distribution after I had arrived home from a
business trip to DL the previous night. The mass-mailing to former SAC
participants is still to come.

Any further tips on good advertising places and other thoughts on effective
marketing are very welcome! We are all in this together.

73
Kim OH6KZP