TopBand: Relatively narrowband QRN

grimm @sbc.edu
Thu, 05 Dec 1996 06:47:17 -0500

Garry Shapiro wrote:

> Eric Gustafson wrote:
> >
> > Gary,
          - snip -

> > Thanks for the good information on a source for (relatively) quiet
> > dimmers.  I won't allow any dimmer in my house that can't be turned off
> > with an integral mechanical switch.  At least I can silence those without
> > pulling the plug.
> >
> > 73, Eric N7CL
>
> Thanks for the clarification! I had forgotten about THOSE inventions
> from Hell.
>
> I think I only have one dimmer in this house, on a headboard reading
> lamp---and I am considering getting rid of it.
>
> I really appreciate the info on touchlamps.

Me too.  I removed one and the noise level only dropped.  Looked some
more and
found that my expensive console Zenith TV keeps some very noisy circuits
active
even when switched off.  Grrrrr.  That is the last one of those I'll
ever buy!
In the meantime, I unplug the #$%&@ thing every time I want to listen to
my
Sony 2010 upstairs.  The outdoor beams are far enough away from the
noisemaker
to be OK, but the integral anatenna on the Sony acts like a magnet for
the
garbage the Zenith is spewing out.

73, Ken K4XL  grimm@sbc.edu