TopBand: Attachment height for Gamma rod

lew@teleport.com lew@teleport.com
Thu, 5 Dec 1996 23:43:05 -0800 (PST)

  Looking for a starting point on where to attach a gamma rod for a shunt
fed 120'tall tower of Rohn 25 with a 10'tall 2"od stinger out the top. No
other antennae on the tower yet,so am having difficulty determining the
"sweet spot" after looking thru ON4UN's book. No grid dip meter
either...so I turn to the experience of the assembled here. This is, of
course a grounded tower. Intended Gamma rod length will be 20 to 60".
  If responses indicate a simple way to determine this sort of thing I'll
summarize and repost the repartee.. Total height of tower/stinger= 130'.
   Tnx for any help.  73 and I remain,    Lew

         Lew  Sayre   W7EW/N7AVK          lew@teleport.com
         P.O.Box  3110                    Fax 503-391-2258
         Salem, Oregon 97302              160M thru 1296MHz