TopBand: similar calls

Mike Smith-VE9AA, Coreen Smith-Wynder Photo wynder@brunswickmicro.nb.ca
Wed, 11 Dec 1996 19:59:31 -0400

With all this talk about similar calls in contests and Topband/6m
pileups I thought I would add my 2c worth.
For whatever reason(s), ve1pz and I always end up on the same bands
in contests. So far so good.   Now I find out that ve1aa is a SK, and my
"good" buddy Doug is gg to apply for it!
Tell me that won't be confusing, especially since a good chunk of
rare (read "weak &-far off") Dx still has never heard of a ve "9"
before, so I still get called ve1aa to start with..........
It makes it worse in 160m CONTESTS when there is a lot of QRM.
Right now it's bad enough in a topband pileup with
ve1zz, ve1zj, ve1pz, and ve9aa all calling the dx.
Then it will be ve1zz, ve1zj, ve1aa, ve9aa -ugh!
We ALL battle it out on 6m too!  Seems it's a real hoot, all the keen
6m guys are also 160m nuts.  Suckers for punishment or what?
At least Jack always get's through on the first call -hi!  :-0
Cu in the pileups. Maybe even next June from cy9aa........
OPS?........ve1aa and ve9aa of course!
MIKE
Michael & Coreen Smith (AA Antennas & Wynder Photography)
271 Smith Rd, Waterville,
Sunbury Co.,NB, Canada
E2V 3V6

Ham call=ve9aa / ve9ms/b   (ex-cy0aa,ve1mq,ve1btt)
6M Vhf buffs;
See the *NEW* AA Antenna web page at:
http://members.tripod.com/~ve9aa/index.html