TopBand: Spurs, etc

km1h@juno.com km1h@juno.com
Thu, 12 Dec 1996 19:40:08 EST

Hi John, its been many years since we last talked.

The Lowe mod for the TS940 was finally improved upon by Kenwood in their
Bulletin 917 which finally corrected their earlier 911 Bulletin and prior
non-admission of a phase noise problem.

TS-940's after roughly the  mid- 8M serial numbers had the latest mods.

Another continuance of  '940 performance can be had with the addition of
PIN diodes in the RX front end thru the xtal filter paths. It makes a big
improvement in IMD and TX/RX path leak thru noise.

Other 940 mods exist too that make it a radio worth keeping until
something much better comes along. I had a FT1000D here for a short time
and dumped it.

73............Carl   KM1H