TopBand: TZ6VV Update

Bill Tippett btippett@CTC.Net
Thu, 19 Dec 1996 12:29:33 GMT

Larry is still having problems with 160:

"The antenna was great when we worked, but tried it again this
week-end and can't get the SWR below 2/1 with tuner.  It was flat
before.  I took the flat top down this morning and will start
checking it for breaks/problems.  Then I'll check the feedpoint
and the radials.  I've had several Skeds and best I can get out
is 40 watts - no contacts."

He is working on a new antenna for the high bands and then will
try to do something different for 160.  I'll keep you posted.  He
seems to have the perseverance it takes to be successful on 160.

                         73 & Merry Christmas to all,  Bill  W4ZV