TopBand: using CT in TBDC with "no grid" QSOs

Brian McGinness n3ocrelessinc.com@thehub.knight-hub.com
Thu, 26 Dec 1996 02:10:21 EST

By playing around a bit I find that CT does not allow a contact to be
logged in the VHF mode without entering a grid square.

Checking a little further, it seems that CT does not validate grid
squares other than looking for two letters and two numbers.

So I plan on using a grid such as "ZZ00" to indicate that the
station was unable to give me a grid square, then go back and
do a search and replace on the text log to remove the ZZ00 for
those stations.

Hope it works, any better ideas out there for the "no grid"
QSOs?

73, Brian N3OC (ex WA3WJD)