TopBand: OY9JD

SCOTT A LONG k8sm@juno.com
Fri, 27 Dec 1996 10:14:05 PST

First of all, John tks for #96 on topband!  Don't you just hate those
sinus attacks in the middle of the night?  I sure do.  But today I loved
my sinus attack.  Around 0845z my head was pounding and my nose was
plugged big time (hate to be so gross abt it).  I got up to take a
decongestant tablet.  Thought I would check the band, and low and behold
I heard a CQ right where the rig was setting when I turned it on!  I
listened, then I heard K7CA giving his call, I listened agn then music
to my ears it was OY9JD!  I figured there would be a MAJOR pile-up, but
only stn hrd was K7CA.  I called John and he came back to me.  John then
worked K7CA and N7JW, and a few others.

I guess 160 still does work these days.  Been a LONG time since I've hrd
a DX sig like that, by the way he was 579, when he wrkd W8NL he was
peaking 589 and 599!  Sri that KU2A didn't make it, don't give up.

Tks John!

Happy Holidays!
73, Scott  K8SM

Ant: Inv-L up 85 ft