TopBand: SPTDC I results

Milt Jensen n5ia@juno.com
Mon, 30 Dec 1996 11:47:01 EST

Happy New Year to all Topbanders,
	I enjoyed the first (and hopefully not the last) SPTDC.  A very
unique approach to scoring and utilization of available time. Probably
needs very little "fine tuning".
	I experienced similar trends of propogation to those already
posted by others.  Very good from DM52 to the east coast early on, decent
upper EU opening +- 0400-0600.  No SA, CA, or carib.  QRN steadily
building, and finally overpowered all but the very strong signals shortly
after 0700.
	From past experience, I knew I should go to bed.  Up at 1400 to
catch an hour of Pac opening.  Still mucho QRN, only 2 JA on, and the
deep Pac islands not hearing my 100 Watts.
	Finished off the morning with 6 western "locals".  Thanks to all
who made the effort to get on, provide the contacts, and be patient while
repeating info through the QRN!!!!  I also had only 3 stations who did
not know their grid locator.  For info and comparison, my stats are as
follows.

N5IA, DM52, 100 Watts, single operator.
TX ant = 1/4 wavelength elevated ground plane, base @ 1/8 w. AGL.
RX ant = 4, 2 wavelength Beverages.
Hours of operation = 8.25
Top rate = 45 (1st hour)
QSO vs distance totals: (nearest QSO about 240 KM in AZ)
	 2 point Qs = 19
	 4 point Qs = 28
	 6 point Qs = 38
	 8 point Qs = 28
	10 point Qs = 40
	12 point Qs = 25
	14 point Qs = 30
	16 point Qs = 6
	18 point Qs = 2
	22 point Qs = 1
	32 point Qs = 1
	34 point Qs = 1
	36 point Qs = 5
	   Dupes    = 4

Total QSOs = 224
Total points = 2,122

	Thanks for the bandwidth, es 73 de

---Milt Jensen @ ARS N5IA---
---Virden, NM Route Box 176---
---Duncan, AZ -- 85534---
---H: (505) 358-2105      W: (520) 359-2503---
---Reply to n5ia@juno.com---