TopBand: Re: purloined call

CQK8DO@aol.com CQK8DO@aol.com
Tue, 31 Dec 1996 12:34:59 -0500

The local radio club and I went through this a few years back, while I was
the club president and the repeater trustee... a group of 5 or 6 whackos that
fed on one another decided they were aggrieved... they jammed the club
repeater, threatened people over the air, made false 911 calls using my name,
ad nauseum...
they also got on 20 meters and cursed at people while using my callsign over
and over... I was not aware of this until a pleasant gentleman called me on
the fone one evening to ask why I would break into his qso and be cursing at
folks... I assured him that I never behave like that and that it was not
me... He said he didn't think it could be me because of the use of my call
every ten seconds... after 5 years of this nonsense we finally sued two of
the perpetrators, which after 4 years of depositions and court actions ended
when they settled with us 15 minutes before the scheduled start of their
trial...

Non Carborundum Illegitimii

Denny    cqk8do@aol.com