TopBand: A61AD day 3

don@aurumtel.com don@aurumtel.com
Wed, 6 Nov 1996 05:16:37 -0500

Well, not a stellar nite.  Spent about 4 hours to work only 55 stations.  The
bulk of them UA types.  The noise level is above S9 and the dsp filter reduces
the noise and the sigs so it is useless.

The inverted L was better tonite than the beverage...can't figure that one out.

I am listening for stateside 2 khz up versus 1 for EU.  Heard a lot of dits es
das last night up 2 but soooo weak.

I knew I was in trouble when after running Europe for an hour at 21:00 (got up
early for JA/VK6--no luck) 9M8AX started calling cq on my frequency.  I tried
calling him for about 5 min. but he did not hear me...he actually hear EUs over
me...for a while I wonder if I faded out in EU as he stole the qrg (and it's not
even a contest?!)

So, I went to be for an hour and came back ...

Total for night 3 55...not very respectable given the 4 hours...

My sked for tonight is as follows:

13:30-14:30 UTC 1832 for USA West Coast Long Path...(hope hope)

18:00 UTC 1832 for East Coast VK

20:30 UTC for JA/VK6s on 1831 (JAs report carriers on 1832)

00:00 for EU/USA  NOTE:  North American stations call on 2 KHZ split...EUs up 1.
 If everyone cooperates and the bands actually open (what a concept) I should be
able to pull in a few North Americans.

02:30  sleep for 2 hours before a full day of meetings.

BUT, THE IMPORTANT NEWS:
After 33 years WB2DND has been put to pasture...look for the new, shiney, all
improved N1DG on top band when I get home....coolllll!!!!!

C U tonite, I need to go to the mosque and pray for 160 meters (can't help).

Don
A61AD/N1DG