TopBand: Intro and antenna question

Paulette Quick, WB9VHF plquick@facstaff.wisc.edu
Fri, 8 Nov 1996 10:26:16 -0600

Greetings,

I am pleased to finally be subscribed to the list.  Sorry that I sent my
first request to the list itself, but that was the advice I received when I
sent a message to the old list address.  I just guessed and resent the
request to majordomo@.

A little intro and then the matter at hand:  My name is Paulette Quick,
WB9VHF.  That is the call I was issued 20 years ago and I was able to get
it back in Vantiy Call Gate 1.  I am Extra Class and prefer cw though I
will do SSB on occasion.

I am moving to a different apartment here in Madison WI on December 1.
(This is an older house where I will live upstairs and the landlord couple
live downstairs.)  I have permission for an antenna (otherwise I wouldn't
live there).

What would you suggest an antenna that will do 160M and hopefully the other
bands up through 10M as well (with a tuner of course).

I am thinking of a Zepp fed with ladderline.

Thanks,

Paulette Quick, WB9VHF
Madison WI
plquick@facstaff.wisc.edu