TopBand: Inv-L proper matching

long, scott a. scott.a.long@owenscorning.com
Mon, 11 Nov 1996 13:01:54 -0500

I am using an Inv-L, it is 85 ft vertical and approximately 52 ft
horizontal.
I am limited to space so this is as long as I could go horizontally.
With total length of wire I find the swr is around 3.1.  It has 10
radials on it, four of them are 100 ft long, the others are various
lengths, min. 80 ft. I am feeding it direct with RG-213.  At the present
time I am using my big Dentron tuner (the one with the roller inductor)
to tune this antenna.

Can someone please tell what gadgets and parts I need to do the above
and use this antenna without the tuner?  How much bandwidth should I
expect?
Keep in mind I am using 700 watts.  Please let me know where to find
whatever parts that I'll need.

Tks for taking the time to read this.

Scott  K8SM