TopBand: ZS on 160: doing is believing

Gary Nieborsky k7fr@concord.televar.com
Fri, 15 Nov 1996 10:08:23 -0800

Ever since I subscribed to this reflector I have marveled at the DX you guys
in the east work.  My usual reaction was "that's nice but out here in the
wild NW I'll never work that".  Well last night I was made a believer in
topband propagation: I worked ZS4TX at 0320z.  Even better than that, I
worked him before K7QQ!

My question is this:

Since this was ZS sunrise, along with most of central AF, Mideast, central
Asia, where were the masses of DX along the grayline? I would have expected
at least 1 or 2 other stations to be on.  Listened intently for 4X land and
some UA's....nada.

Reply direct please.

I'm hooked on 160!

Gary K7FR