TopBand: IG9 Comments

Bill Fisher KM9P km9p@contesting.com
Fri, 15 Nov 1996 15:50:23 -0500 (EST)

I've followed this thread with some interest... On one hand the IG9/IV3TAN
was the only thing coming through from that part of the world for the
entire CQWW SSB contest.  I figured at the time that this guy must be
running 10KW.

On the other hand, he came right back to me and seemed to be hearing FB.

The other thing that comes to mind is W1KM's FB 80M signal.  Here is a guy
who works 800 QSO's on 80M and his nearest competitor works only 450.  It
would seem that salt water really does make a big difference in W1KM's
case.  Maybe it holds true for the IG9 QTH as well.

I personally like to believe the effort was on the up and up.  Congrats to
the Op and the station.

73

Bill, KM9P & K4AAA