TopBand: Another Beverage Question.

Steven R. Schmidt k4wa@mindspring.com
Wed, 20 Nov 1996 21:22:42 -0500

At 10:36 AM 11/20/96 -0800, you wrote:

>I understand that terminating a Beverage makes it unidirectional. Has
>anyone utilized a non-terminated Beverage in order to use it for 2
>directions? The test case would be a 580',single wire with sloping ends at
>6' height oriented shortpath (30deg.-EU) / longpath (210deg.-VK\ZL) as
>referenced from the West coast. Would anyone expect this set-up to
>function good enough that the effort expended:gain realized ratio would be
>worth it?  Tnx.....73 and I remain,      Lew

Lew, I've tried my 700' +/- beverage terminated and (mostly inadvertently)
unterminated.  I must say it shows very little improvement to the SW when
unterminated, and the SW gain appears to be offset by degradation in the
performance to the NE (the direction it's intended to operate).  I'm adding
a second wire with a push-pull transformer box to make it truly
bi-directional.  I hope that works better.

73,  Steve  K4WA