TopBand: K2ZJ Bev Box Problem

Bill Fisher, KM9P & K4AAA km9p@contesting.com
Mon, 25 Nov 1996 20:29:18 -0500 (EST)

I bought two of these jobs before CQWW to put on a new east beverage.  I got
it hooked up on Friday before the contest.  Thing is, when I switch to this
beverage the signals are way down (in all directions including east).  The
signals I do hear sound like they have some kind of phase shifting on them.
I hope I'm using the right terminology.  They sound like something coming in
over the pole.

I check the SWR with my MFJ box and it looks like I what I would expect.
I'm feeding this beverage (like many others) with a run of CATV hardline.  I
didn't get a chance to check the hardline connectors, so it might be them.

Can anyone offer any suggestions or explanations?  Oh... I'm gonna buy some
more ICE boxes this week and see if they fix the problem.

73

Bill Fisher, KM9P & K4AAA
http://www.contesting.com