TopBand: Balloon Verticals-.....Worth the effort?

Mike Smith-VE9AA, Coreen Smith-Wynder Photo wynder@brunswickmicro.nb.ca
Tue, 26 Nov 1996 18:01:01 -0400

I have heard a bit of talk as of late regarding balloon verticals as
they relate to TopBand.  Anyone have much experience with them
and how do they compare against your reference antenna?
How high has anyone "flown" them?
Could you leave one up (barring  real bad WX) for a few days
at a time?
If not, how many times could you refill it?
I am wondering if it would be worth the effort to take one along
for my next dxpedition. cy9, vo2, vo1, fp etc...
(As opposed to an inverted L, Aki-special, Battlecreek special,
OH1ry type, etc...)
MIKE
Michael & Coreen Smith (AA Antennas & Wynder Photography)
271 Smith Rd, Waterville,
Sunbury Co.,NB, Canada
E2V 3V6

Ham call=ve9aa / ve9ms/b   (ex-cy0aa,ve1mq,ve1btt)
6M Vhf buffs;
See the *NEW* AA Antenna web page at:
http://members.tripod.com/~ve9aa/index.html