No subject

Jon Zaimes AA1K jon.zaimes@dol.net
Thu, 28 Nov 1996 07:40:50 -0500 (EST)

Heard the first JAs of the season here today. Was on the band starting about
1135z, but heard nothing till 1200z as the sun was just starting to sparkle
on the Delaware River out the window. I recognized the distinctive fist of
JA1HQT before I could pull his call out of the noise. He was copyable only
on the due-West beverage; nil on the short-path NW beverage. He peaked 559
about 1205z.

Heard JA3ONB calling cq, peaking 579, beginning at 1215z. At first he too
was loudest on the West antenna but then shifted to NW, though I could copy
him almost as well on the SW, W and NE antennas!

Called both several times. No luck.

By 1225 they were gone.

73/Jon AA1K