TopBand: Balloon summary- (fairly long)

CQK8DO@aol.com CQK8DO@aol.com
Fri, 29 Nov 1996 12:45:53 -0500

<< topband@contesting.com

I suspect that those trying ballons want a killer installation, and as a
result of the machinations of Mr. Murphy, Mother nature, The Fickle Finger,
etc., wind up with something much less...   if those doing balloons will
limit them to a quarter wave vertically, over some raised, sloping radials
from a reasonable height like 30-40 feet down to stakes or trees at head
height, that they will get excellent results and have far fewer problems....
the radials can be light wire also, and form a partial guy system for the
lifting balloon... my thoughts, based on a couple of balloon experiences....

Denny      cqk8do@aol.com