TopBand: Re: Last night on 160

LarryX Tyree LarryX_Tyree@ccm.co.intel.com
Mon, 28 Oct 96 10:12:00 PST

---------------------------- Forwarded with Changes ---------------------------
From: daemon@frontier.net at SMTPGATE
Date: 10/28/96 10:48AM
To: LarryX Tyree at COCCM3
Subject: Re: Last night on 160

Text item:

Was surprised at the conditions on 160 last night.  A QSO with DJ7AA
acutally took place, but with very weak signals and lots of QSB.
However, there were very few other signals on the band.  The few east
coast stations I could hear were very weak.  V26E had a good signal
and I could still hear DJ7AA when he worked him.

Tried to get N7JW and DJ7AA together (Wil still needs Utah), but
no luck.

No other Europeans were heard.  It was on this day last year that I
worked my first european of the season: EU6AF.

Not much this morning, except HS1 showed up as promised.  I think he
was trying to work split, but there was too much QRM to tell what was
going on.  He was right in the noise, then faded out shortly.  At least I
got him on 80.

It is nice to have sunrise happening earlier in the day.

Tree N6TR
tree@contesting.com

Text item: External Message Header