TopBand: Beverage feedline balun

Henry Knoll Henry Knoll <Henry.Knoll-1@tc.umn.edu>
Mon, 28 Oct 1996 19:30:43

10/28/96

I am putting up a short Beverage and have a question about the
feedline.  I will be using RG6 with it's double shielding.  My
question has to do with using a current balun on the end of the
line where it connects to the Beverage.  The feedline will run
very close to a radial for about 40 feet.  Should I put the
balun at the point where the feedline connects to the Beverage,
or should I put the balun out where the feedline starts to run next
to the radial?  Also, I plan on using a balun made of 6 turns of
the feedline on a 3 inch PVC form.  Will that work or should I
use ferrite toroids or get a current balun instead?  All help
will be appreciated as this is my first attempt at a Beverage.
Thanks much.   73/DX   Henry  WA0GOZ

Without CW it's just CB!!