TopBand: Hytower MK-160a Addon kit for 160

RONALD KLEIN 0002104829@mcimail.com
Wed, 25 Sep 96 23:24 EST

-- [ From: Ron Klein * EMC.Ver #2.3 ] --

I'd like information from anyone who may have used one of the Hygain MK-160 160
meter addon kits with a Hytower vertical.

I have two hytowers, used in a 2 element phased array on 75. Switching allows
isolation of one as a standalone vertical. To get something on 160, I'm
considering adding the horizontal wire & trap kit which Hygain has sold for a
long time. Longterm I might add it to the second one and attempt to use the
pair as a 2 element phased array on 160 as well.

Is anyone using this? If so, I would like to hear what performance might be.
How broadband might it be? Information from Hygain is a little limited.

Thanks in advance,

Ron Klein - W0OSK