TopBand: Band Plan

Robert A. Kile midnight@accessnv.com
Sat, 05 Apr 1997 21:39:31 -0800

Mike Fatchett wrote:

> Could you define this 1%?  Is it 1% of all Amateurs?  1% of all the
> Amateurs Using 160M?  1% of active Amateurs?

Mike, Contesters and Dx'ers make up about 1% of the Amateur population.
Hey, I enjoy both activities myself.

> What does the FCC giving away 300Mhz of Microwave frequencies have to do
> with this thread?

Gee, I'm sorry. I just feel that LEO's, WRC97, and general wholesale of
frequency spectrum is more appropriate use of our energy.

The FCC gave away that 300 MHz in frequency to stimulate minds and usage
with no limit except for EIRP limits to try to get something that it is
no longer getting from the Amateur Radio Community. (To develop
technology)

I prefer to call it "The Big Picture".

The thread is almost like a couple in divorce court arguing over
possesion of the coffee cups.

Bob KG7D