TopBand: verticals

Roy Morgan morgan@speckle.ncsl.nist.gov
Thu, 14 Aug 1997 09:20:26 -0400

At 11:57 AM 8/14/97 +0100, Peter Chadwick wrote:
>>This is a long-held fallacy--that the higher impedance of the folded
>>unipole reduces the ground losses.
>Amongst professional antenna designers, I can find about a 50-50 split
>I always felt that I never could understand radio - how I've made a
>living at it for over 30 years I don't know!

This reminds me of a motto we had at MIT:

When all the theories fail, you have to rely on being very smart.

Keep em Glowing!
Roy, K1LKY since 1959

-- Roy Morgan/Building 820, Room 562/Gaithersburg  MD 20899
(National Institute of Standards and Technology,  formerly NBS)
301-975-3254 Fax: 301-948-6213  morgan@speckle.ncsl.nist.gov --