TopBand: 160 dx

Michael Bazley mbazley@omen.net.au
Tue, 19 Aug 1997 07:03:26 +0800

Hi All, The past two evenings ( Aug 17 & 18 ) the band has been dead up to
1250z when it suddenly opened to the West Coast of N.America. Between 1250
and 1320 the following were worked: VE7BS, W6AJJ, W6DAO, K6SE, K6TQ, K6VX,
W7AWA, K9JF/7, W7TB & N7UA. On both nights there was heavy QSB on the
signals and on the first night signals were averaging S7/8. The second night
the signals were way down. The mornings (2130/2245z) have been poor, with
only OH3YI worked. Believe I heard VE1ZZ, at 229, just at my sunrise.
73 es dx de Mike VK6HD