TopBand: FH on 160

Bill Tippett btippett@CTC.Net
Mon, 25 Aug 1997 06:51:32 -0400 (EDT)

>From OPDX Bulletin #319:

"FH, MAYOTTE. Hermann, DJ2BW, and XYL Margot, DL2DK,  will be active from
here October 9-22th, as FH/DJ2BW and FH/DL2DK.  They will be active on
all  bands from 160-10 meters, mainly CW and RTTY, but there will be a
little SSB. Hermann states Low-Band (160/80 meters and RTTY) is prefered."

Added note:  I met Hermann in Friedrichshafen and he was in the planning
stage for this expedition.  I believe he may have one of the Titanex
verticals and the timing is excellent for propagation to the USA.  With
any luck, QSO's should be possible deep into the North American continent
at this time of year.

                                                73,  Bill  W4ZV