TopBand: The 97-98 Topband season

Dick Zwirko dz@VOA.GOV
Sat, 30 Aug 1997 07:09:15 -0400

Well, as we approach September we should see more Top Band users coming
back into activity. Although there have been some decent openings the
past week, there haven't been many around to take advantage of them.
Worked RA6AX Wednesday and EM1HO in Antarctica Thursday with my 100 Watts
and vertical on TX/RX. Who's going to be the first to claim WAC in the
shortest time this year on 160M? Did 160M QRP last year but it took
months to finally snag a KH6 to complete it. I was easier to work 4X4NJ
with his super ears than the Hawaiians KH6AT & KH6CC last year. Lets
see what the 97-98 season brings.
 73 de Rich - K1HTV