TopBand: season underway

vk3ajj vk3ajj@techno.net.au
Sun, 31 Aug 1997 07:13:50 +1000

Dear Reflectees,

As now widely reported Topband is again doing its stuff.

Worked my first European of the season this morning at 2040z that being
LA8WG (thanks Jan for reply to my CQ call).

Now very consistent openings into the West Coast from about 1230z.
Excellent signals from un5j also from 1230z. Did hear aa1k cqing for some
time before his sunrise but he did not respond to a couple of my calls.

Nothing heard of Lu6kbx (when wrkd by AA1K) and thus the pathetic condx
into S. America continue for east coast vk.

I will now try to be up most mornings at 1815z - 1840z looking for Europe.

I have my dipole up higher this season - now at 30metres - and higher at
the ends.

What we sorely need is more topband activity particularly from the US
midlanders

cu on topband

Paul (vk3ajj)