TopBand: Re: QSO stealing/USA lids calling 5A2A on 160M

Dave Raymond-CSUS04 Dave_Raymond-CSUS04@email.mot.com
Wed, 3 Dec 1997 11:33:52 -0600

Unfortuntately, last night was the first time I have had any real
propagation here in Iowa from 5A2A on 160 mtrs.  He was weak here, but
certainly copyable.  However, as I listened to unruly behaviour, I
didn't even bother to turn on the amp.  Even if he would have heard me,
hearing him come back with my call would have been a lost cause with all
the jamming.  In addition, he would come back with a partial callsign,
or sometimes even a complete callsign, only to have a couple dozen
idiots continue calling and calling, making completion of the qso all
but impossible.

It was the worst display of conduct I've seen yet on this band of
usually class ops.  I, for one, would have no problem with listing the
worst and obvious offenders here on the reflector.  Maybe a little peer
pressure is in order.

73,

Dave, W0FLS