TopBand: Revised Purpose Statement

Bill Tippett btippett@CTC.Net
Fri, 05 Dec 1997 10:06:01 -0500 (EST)

TOPBAND REFLECTOR PURPOSE STATEMENT:

"Welcome to the topband mailing list!  This list is intended for the exchange
of information on 160-related topics ONLY.  Our goal is to keep 160 information
content high and noise low.  Do not post questions about general topics like
equipment wanted/for sale, E-mail addresses needed, etc.  Occasional problem
160 QSL requests are OK but use this reflector ONLY as a last resort
after trying the ususal sources.  Feel free to post 160-related questions,
but request responses directly and then summarize the responses in a followup
post.  DO NOT USE THIS REFLECTOR TO POST COMPLAINTS, CRITICISMS, GRIPES,
ATTACKS, ETC.  VIOLATORS OF THIS POLICY WILL BE REMOVED IMMEDIATELY WITHOUT
NOTICE.  Be considerate of other subscribers who have bandwidth limitations
and edit posts for succintness.  When responding to a specific individual,
think carefully before copying to the entire reflector.  Minimize noise,
minimize bandwidth, maximize 160 information, act like gentlemen and enjoy!

73, Bill W4ZV

P.S. Newcomers should read our archives back to August 1996 at
http://www.contesting.com/_topband/
since many topics have probably been covered in previous posts."