TopBand: N5KO and N6TR report

Tree N6TR n6tr@teleport.com
Fri, 26 Dec 1997 09:57:53 -0800 (PST)

The last few days have a lot of fun for Trey and I.  The band has been
open most of the time.

Yesterday morning, there was a FANTASTIC opening to Europe in the
morning.  Trey (N5KO) worked 16 europeans - they were all in OH
or SM, except for YL2SM (who I guess can count as an SM in a pinch).

This morning, only OH3ES was worked.

On the evening side of things, the band has been open at sunset.
Yesterday, S58A was worked just as the sun was going down.  Other
European QSOs were made as late as 08Z.

We are keeping our fingers crossed and hoping things continue for
the contest.

We are also keeping an eye out for the J8 crew on 160.

73 Tree N6TR
tree@contesting.com