TopBand: J8 160 activity

James S. Danehy w9vne@fuse.net
Fri, 26 Dec 1997 18:32:24 -0500

Tree N6TR wrote:
> We are also keeping an eye out for the J8 crew on 160.
>
>Christmas day I worked J8/DF2SS on 30 and 40 meters. I asked about 160
meters. RESPONSE: " 0200Z  1821 khz". I monitored the progress of that
station by Packet Cluster spots and first hand checking on 40 and 80
meters. Just after 0208Z he disappeared from 80 meters. I monitored the
designated freq of 1821 khz as well as tuning around for more than 40
minutes. Then saw him spotted on 40. That is when I worked him on 40. I
asked again : "160 ?". RESPONSE : "QSL 2 QSOS".

Does anyone have any more information or responses from this station ?

73

Jim W9VNE
Cincinnati
Ohio