TopBand: N9JF TBDC QRP

jim funk jfunk@adams.net
Sun, 28 Dec 1997 19:45:40 -0600 (CST)

Golllleeeee.

I've never seen such a large number of DX stations as a percent of the total
band population on 160.  Ever.  Thought I'd play around with a QRP entry
again, as I didn't have much time to operate.  This was a blast!  No packet
pileups, no wall-to-wall CQing, (almost) no frequency fights.  Makes me want
to operate the next one with no computer and a straight key.
(Hello...Reality check....)

Anyhow, I knew it was going to be a fun evening when DF0KW came back to my
five watts on the first call.  A close second in the "highlights" column was
calling RA2FBC (several times) as he was fading, then hearing NL7Z start
CQing on the same frequency, and having my first top-band QRP KL7 QSO.

Does it get any better than this?

Bottom line:  121 Q's, 378 points in about 3 hours.

Thanks for having ears, guys!  73, Jim N9JF