TopBand: Monday Morning, 29 Dec 1997, KH6, KL7 & W7.

George Guerin George.Guerin@kellogg.com
Mon, 29 Dec 1997 09:48:18 -0500

     This is especially for European low banders:

     at about 0430 zulu on 1829.4 OY9JD was called by and worked KH6CC.  I
     think the signals were 559 both ways.  A W7 in Oregon had an easy
     contact with OY9JD.

     About the same time on 3795, a KL7 worked a DL and a G.  Signals in
     Michigan were not strong, I had trouble copying the KL7.
     The previous night, Dec 28, about 0500, KL7J worked JY4MB and an OH
     and maybe another station on 3799.9.  All were S9+ here.

     There appear to be Polar openings favoring the far west right now, so
     those of you that can be up by sundown in Hawaii should give it a shot
     if you still need Hawaii, Alaska, etc.

     Good luck and Happy New Year to All.

     73 George  K8GG