TopBand: Wise Up!

Bill Tippett btippett@CTC.Net
Sun, 02 Feb 1997 15:06:23 -0500 (EST)

        Recently we are getting another rash of needless posts.
Exactly what does juno.com have to do with 160 and why are 5
to the original sender??

        For those of you new to this reflector, please observe
the following rules:

1.  Post ONLY 160 RELEVANT topics...not Internet providers, not
        QSL routes, not W2XYZ's E-mail address or general info
        that can be easily found by other means.

2.  Respond directly to the person posting a question.  DO NOT
        respond to the reflector.  IF the person posting the
        question thinks others would be interested in the responses
        they should post a summary.

3.  If you really feel others would be interested in your response,
        go ahead and post to the reflector BUT PLEASE do not copy
        the entire previous message.  Computers have excellent
        memories and you don't need to waste bandwidth doing that.
        Learn to use E-mail and your computer before hitting the
        send button.

4.  Give some consideration to guys like XV7SW who must pay for the
        garbage you generate with thoughtless posts:

"In my case, I have to dial Hong Kong or the US from Hanoi to get the
latest hot stuff about Top Band and this at phone rates which I think
are next only to those of Mongolia."  THINK about how you are using
this reflector or you will drive guys like Rolf away.

                                        73,

                                        Bill  W4ZV,  List Admin.
                                        (btippett@ctc.net)

P.S.  Direct bitches and complaints to me...not the reflector!