TopBand: Southern Africa Today

Chris R. Burger crb@nanoteq.co.za
Mon, 17 Feb 1997 09:32:46 +200

ZS8IR had another great morning, followed by a total washout at
ZS6EZ.  Amazing; we're only 2000 km apart.

Chris worked another 37 stations, bringing the total over 180
stations.  New additions for today are marked with an asterisk.  He
had to decline several QSOs that would have been duplicates.

I was working at my station last night (welding some frames), and
just happened to tune across the band around 20:00 UTC.  I was amazed
to find the lowest static level in many moons (S8), and some workable
signals on the band.  I called CQ, and worked around 40 stations in
half an hour.  The run produced two new countries for me (HB and GI).
The band was pretty crowded, with ZS6UT, the V5, ZS4TX and ZS6EZ all
calling CQ.  A45ZN was working JA, and did not listen on his
frequency while I was listening.  I had to carry on with my work, and
by the time I came back, he'd disappeared.  Would have been another
new one...

Chris R. Burger
ZS6EZ

ZS8IR Dupe Sheet, 17 February 1997 (after sunrise).
* indicates new additions
PLEASE don't work him again if you're already in the log!

185 stations

3C5Z
4N7Z
9A2TW