TopBand: 2-wire Beverages

km1h@juno.com km1h@juno.com
Tue, 25 Feb 1997 17:28:05 EST

First...Im not sure that Im doing this new Majordomo thing correctly. I
thought it was verbotten to send everything to the reflector. Perhaps
Herr Administrator can correct my ways.

I really have to thank John, W1FV,  for his response since he is one of
the top low band operators around with the wallpaper to prove it.
...something often lacking in some discussions.

The difference between John's and my QTH are profound and might be the
core of the differences in performance. John is at a fairly low ASL
elevation and, as he said, in a fairly swampy area. I am only about 20
miles North but on the top of a hill where there is a thin (8-24" ) soil
coverage over solid granite. I have consulted with John and duplicated
his 2 wire system ....but it just dont work here!!  John....I'll be in
touch!

The one thing I have learned in ham radio in general...one size does not
fit all...no matter if someone tries to ram it down your throat as a self
appointed expert.  After 40 years, I still learn something new daily.

73.Carl   KM1H