TopBand: JY9QJ 160 log 2/27 .. Will be on tonight

Bernie McClenny, W3UR bernie.mcclenny@mail.wdn.com
Thu, 27 Feb 1997 18:43:38 -0800

The following was received by JY9QJ

Dear Bernie,
congratulations on the new one on 160. I started at 0330 but nothing heard
from USA until  0355 z , 10 minutes before my sunrise. So tomorrow (2/28/97
GMT) I will try again to work some US on 160, Friday is our weekly day off
here in Jordan and this makes it easier.  I will start at 0345 z at 1815
again, maybe you can put it on a cluster as there should be a lot of US who
need JY on 160.  Also in the CQ 160 m CW contest I managed only to work one
US and one VE out of appr. 400 qso. <<< SNIP >>>  The setup here is a
IC775DSP and a DRAKE L7 , the antenna is a sloper pointing to EU and US for
160 A newly arrived Timewave filter DSP599ZX makes life easier on 160 Other
antennas are a TH11DX, a 2 ele beam for 40 and a rotary dipole for 80 meters.
 At the moment the rotor is down for replacement, so my antennas cannot be
turned and are swinging between Southamerica and USA whereever the wind
drives them.  It was very cold during the last week, very stormy and I was
already afraid the antennas would fly away.  I was on a trip in the Gulf and
when I came back the antennas were still there fortunately.  We will have
another storm over saturday and sunday and then the weather should improve.
Then the rotor will go back to the tower and I will be back in business.  I
started in August 1996, worked more than 180 countries by now and will stay
another couple of years.  So here is the list of US stns worked this
morning: (2/27/97 GMT)
n2tk, k4ese, w2tqc, w3ur, kd2i, wt3q, k2cl, k2uo, n3rr, k1htv, k3mm, k2ws,
ac4nj,k1rx,w8ah, w2bhm, w2mel, k3sme

qsl via DL5MBY

That is the short story from here.
73 and cuagn