TopBand: JY9QJ Mess

W8JITom@aol.com W8JITom@aol.com
Thu, 2 Jan 1997 16:37:20 -0500

>Tom,
>
>Come on, the op needs to take contrrol.  If he doesn't, it gets out of
>hand! Let's all quit whining!
>
>Bob K3UL

Whining? My, we sure are becoming a brotherhood of 160 ops.

Other than that dart, you are correct Bob. DX stations need to take control
better.

Along with that, USA stations need to use more common sense. Bad behavior
fosters bad behavior. Without seemingly endless long calls, great effort to
be the last caller, and ghost "I think I worked him" simplex operation there
would be no QRM on the DX..
Split frequency operation works. With split operation, there is nothing for
policemen to do, so they would go away (by the way even Stew Perry was a
"policeman", but Stew mostly did it via US mail). Long calls are no bother,
ghost QSO's are no problem.

I'd sure like to see us go back to split frequency DXing on 160. I'm sure it
would make DXing more fun for most of us.

73, Tom