TopBand: 160m receiving antenna

Paul & Abbi Elliott paab@wtaccess.com
Sat, 4 Jan 1997 00:43:15 -0800

What is the best receiving antenna system, for 160m, that I can put on a
120' x 120' city lot? I have tried a 12' diameter shielded loop made of 1"
hardline, EWEs, coax antenna (essentially half of a double bazooka), 450'
beverage on the ground (down the alley and under the power lines all the
way), a snake, a low dipole, a low horizontal loop around the yard.  My
friend in the country, with beverages, still works DX I can't hear.  There
is no obvious localized source of noise here.  I do ground the semi-inverted
L during receive.
Thank you.  Please reply direct, and I will summarize for those interested.

email:  paab@wtaccess.com        73, Paul, W5DM