TopBand: Last night on TopBand

Larry Tyree tree@lady.axian.com
Sat, 4 Jan 1997 08:27:38 -0800 (PST)

Well - the band was quieter, but conditions didn't hold up into
Europe.  ZS4TX was good at the usual time, followed by a couple of
SMs.

D44BC was easy on SSB, and T31BB showed up on SSB - who was harder
to work.  I was actually the second station from the town of
Boring, Oregon to work him as N7EIJ was hearing him better.  This
is much different than working Hawaii for some reason.

In the monring, many worked the UN5J/UN7VID team - and I guess N7UA
worked A71CW on their frequency (Bob makes me feel like I am using
a Butternut).  I could barely hear UN5J, but UN7VID was slightly
better.  They were nowhere near as strong as yesterday.

However, the big news was XV7SW has his receiving loop working and
was hearing better.

So, even though conditions were not so good, I ended up with 3 new
ones in a row in the log!

What is the current thinking on the best way to get a D44BC card?
About 10 years ago, it was direct.

See you tonight in the 9X and TO0 pileups (I hope).

Tree N6TR
tree@contesting.com