TopBand: a92gd active tonight

BOB FRICK a92gd@contesting.com
Sun, 5 Jan 1997 16:30:39 +0300

Bill et al,
   Gads.  Methinks the 160M Gods are looking down with disfavor upon ol
Buffalo Bob here in Bahrain.  As usual you were the only NA station I heard
last night also I thought I could maybe hear N4SU but I cudnt pull him out.
 Aside from getting TO0R and ZS5LB and 9M2AX for new countries,  I ended up
with 55 QSO's and a "flat butt" for approximately 5 solid hours of
operations.  Of course OM Pres (VQ9SS) who is my purist Guru was there
also. I can definitely see where this band is going to interfere with my
sleep  so someway I am going to have to keep a balance between home, the
shack and work. Guess that is a familiar problem to most hams.
Tell you what the big problem is though for a guy like me operating from
overseas. I dont have one single QSO logged under my US calll (N3NGC) and
every country I get licensed in I try for minimum 100DXCC countries and
then when I get transferred I have to start all over again.  Oh well,
that's life.
   I wont be on the air tonight, at least I dont think so.  My Steelers are
playing tonight at 2030L (1730Z) and ithey are on TV here.  I've only had a
minimum amount of sleep and  I have to work tomorrow for sure.  See you all
sometime on TOPBAND.
73
A92 GANDY DANCER
Bob