TopBand: TO0R on 160 -Reply

James Simon JHS@nutter.com
Wed, 08 Jan 1997 09:43:57 -0500

Congrats to all the stations who worked TO0R on 160 (I did too, so
don't take this as sour grapes), but the multitude of messages on the
Reflector which do little more than say, in effect, "Wow, I worked
the DX station" just waste bandwidth. The first few messages might
help others judge when the station is QRV, or when there is
propagation to a particular area, etc., but after a while the
messages serve no purpose other than to satisfy individual ego needs.

The same problem is obvious on the dx clusters on packet, where it
becomes apparent by the tenth dx spot in 20 minutes that a dx station
is "QSX on 1833" that the only purpose of the spot is let the world
know that the spotting station worked the dx too.

I'm not trying to create controversy -- this is just a mild call for
restraint.

Jim Simon
W1YY / 7J3AAC