TopBand: Beverage resistors

Larry Tyree tree@lady.axian.com
Fri, 10 Jan 1997 11:10:06 -0800 (PST)

Well, if switching the beverage to ground solves the static buildup
that blows up termination resistors, perhaps an easier way is to
use a RF choke to provide a low impedance path for the DC.

However, don't most people's impedance matching transformmer already
provide a low resistance DC path to ground?  If so, it seems that would
suggest that the damage is being done from an RF source (like your
transmitted signal?).

Or am I missing something (probably)...

Worked VK3IO this morning - the polar route has been totally shut
off by the high K numbers.  Hope things settle for the weekend.

Did work HR/K9BG for #141 however.  The number of unworked North American
countries fell by two this week (TI9CF is the other one).  There aren't
many left for me: CY9 (hi Mike), OX, HP (!), some of the HK0 rocks,
and PJ7 (!!!!!!!).  Also KP1 and KP5, but I am not sure they really
exist.

Trying my 3rd attempt for a YS1ZV QSL via KB5IPQ.  I am told this route
really works, but I am having my doubts.

Maybe he is upset about my carpet bagging to his state during SS CW.

Tree N6TR
tree@contesting.com