TopBand: Re: TopBand- Beverage resist

Peter Hutter peter_hutter@maca.sarnoff.com
10 Jan 1997 16:10:05 U

                      RE>TopBand: Beverage resistors               1/10/97

Hi Tree, yes the transformer provides a low impedance path for DC, but the
reason
why termination resistors blow open is due to the 2 ground rods at each end of
the
beverage that samples ground sheet currents. These currents are induced by
lightning,
etc. There's a potential difference that correspondes to the radius
surrounding
the area lightning strikes. Hope this information solves the mystery .
   73, Peter WW2Y